I believe that if you put sprinkles on or in anything, the day automatically becomes a celebration. Today, we celebrate Monday, because why not?!
Today is cloudy and a little rainy, what better to make the day better than with some warm cookies? Warm, out of the oven, gooey cookies could probably fix any problem you have..or at least get you to forget them for a few blissful minutes.
I love these cookies because they are simple and have an endless amount of variations. I added mini chocolate chips (because anything mini is adorable!) and a handful of sprinkles. If you are feeling crazy, I have a feeling these would be really good with some pretzels pieces in them. A little sweet and salty anyone? I baked these guys a little longer than most normal people because, to me, there is nothing better than a crunchy cookie. Feel free to go crazy and make them your own!
Celebration Cookies Yield: About 4 dozen cookies
- 2-1/1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt in bowl. Set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar, light brown sugar and vanilla until fluffy and light. About 3-5 minutes
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing throughly between each addition.
- Gradually add flour mixture. Mix until incorporated and dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or teaspoon, drop cookies onto uncreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Adapted from Hersey’s Chocolate Chip recipe